Friday, 13 July 2012

[nails] Day 1 - Red Nails

Afternoon, folks. Hope everybody is well and is experiencing better weather than we are having in crappy old north England! 


Today is the proper beginning of the 31 Day Challenge, and day one means red nails. I have to admit that I'm really not a big fan of wearing red nail polish on its own, it feels kind of... too traditional? And perhaps a bit too grown up for me. So I only really have one red nail polish, that's Barry M's red. Naturally this meant that my options were somewhat limited, so here's what I came up with:




I'm afraid you only get one picture because I'm not particularly happy with these... they're messy and I had to finish them in a rush so they don't exactly look professional. But still, strawberries are pretty cute no matter how badly they're done, and my family and friends seemed to like this design so I won't label it a complete failure ;)



The base I used is Maybelline Express Finish #40 'Blushing Bride'. It's a very sheer colour and I'm wearing about four coats here, but I like the colour on my skintone and it dries almost instantly which is good for when you're in a rush. I then used Barry M's red, yellow, and spring green, and a little bit of Sinful Colors' 'Irish Green', which unfortunately barely shows up on this picture (damn the lack of sunshine in my town!). 



So there you have it. I'm afraid the first day of the challenge has been rather more of a whimper than a bang, but rest assured that the other 30 days will hold nothing but the highest quality - that I can manage anyway. 



Fingers crossed you like the nails, let me know in the comments what you think, or if you're doing the challenge as well, or just if you like strawberries. Om nom nom. 



Katy xo

2 comments:

  1. I think these are cute! Especially if they were rushed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm much happier with my Days Twos so look out for those tomorrow ^_^

      Delete