Sunday, 15 July 2012

[nails] Day 2 - Orange Nails

Hello again, and behold my day two nails of the 31 Day Challenge. Today was orange nails and I struggled with inspiration for a while before coming up with the idea to do goldfish nails. I'd not tried out the 'mermaid' technique before but I'd seen Rosie from Little Nails' awesome tutorial here and thought it was a good time to try it out. The look I was aiming for was goldfish scales in all different shades of orange, and without meaning to sound big-headed, I think I pulled it off pretty well! Here's a few pictures:


I actually managed to get some natural sunlight for taking pictures this time!

And here's a close-up of the thumb to show the overlapping effect.
I have to admit, it was a very time-consuming technique since I was having to switch between polishes for each dot, so I only finished the one hand (my right was just plain orange, the same colour as you can see on the base at the top of these nails), but I really loved the final effect. As you can tell, I used a pretty big selection of polishes; actually all the orange polishes in my house as I borrowed any that my sister had too. Most of these were very very old polishes so as you can tell, I had a bit of a struggle listing them:
  • Barry M - Tangerine (metallic), Block Orange
  • La Femme Beauty - 108 Orange Cream, 130 Ultra Orange, 132 Ultra Pink (more like a coral when applied), and a metallic red orange which is labelled 99 Turquoise - hey, it's a cheap brand.
  • Laval - Gold
  • Unnamed Sephora polish (very old)
  • Metallic coral shade called Sundown, but no idea what brand/shop it's from.
So there you have it, I promised the quality would be higher after day one ;) Let me know what you think of these nails in the comments, and thanks for reading ^_^


Katy xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I think these are stunning so much so that I want to follow your posts to see how the challenge turns out but, I'm either having a D'oh moment and can't see one or there is no 'follow me' button. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't realised I was missing that from my sidebar, but it should be there now ^_^

      Delete