Monday, 16 July 2012

[nails] Day 3 - Yellow Nails

Howdy folks, may I present to you my Day Three nails of the 31 Day Challenge. Today's task was yellow nails and I was completely stuck for inspiration, until I asked my boyfriend if he had any ideas for yellow and he instantly replied 'Pikachu'. So of course, that was sorted. I feel somewhat ashamed that I hadn't come up with the idea myself! 


I actually only have a couple of yellows in my collection, one of which is China Glaze's Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini - a blindingly bright neon. I opted to use my other yellow which is from Barry M, and it seemed to be a decent shade for little Pikachu. I used my ring fingers and thumbs for the accent nails, and here is the result: 


When I uploaded this one to Facebook, my index finger was recognised as a face and FB demanded I tagged it!


I only just realised this one is a bit out of focus, but I wanted to show a close-up of one of the faces.
Unfortunately they ended up quite messy - I used a white base underneath the yellow nails but I had some shrinkage from the Seche Vite I put on top, so you can see the white at the tops and sides of some of the nails, as well as there being obvious shrinking at the tips. Overall though I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out and I'm excited to see what the boyfriend makes of them. 

Here's a list of the polishes used:
  • Laval - White
  • Barry M - 134 Yellow, 262 Red, 279 Bright Pink (for mouth)
  • Rimmel London 60 Seconds - 800 Black Out
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
I am sad to say that I won't be able to continue with the 31 Day Challenge for about three weeks time as I am going on holiday - plus next up is green nails and as green is my absolute favourite nail colour I don't want to rush them! However I will schedule some posts to go up while I'm away, and I'll have Wifi so I'll still be able to reply to comments and questions :)

Hope you like this design, let me know what you think in the comments, and thank you for reading. 

Katy xo

2 comments: