Tuesday, 24 July 2012

[nails] Neon means SUMMER.

Now for a non-challenge post, since I'm on holiday! This mani is from a few weeks back now but you will all just have to cope ;)


I can't believe it's taken me till 19 years of age to finally acquire my first true neon polish. I was on a mini China Glaze shopping spree about a month ago and was trying to narrow down my wish list. My one definite was China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, which I'd been lusting after for a while but for some never got around to actually buying. Anyway, I ordered it and when it came I spent about half an hour just gazing at it, I couldn't believe how bright it was! 



I wore the polish once just plain to get the full neon effect, but then once my nails were a bit longer I felt the need to try it again. Yellow Polka Dot Bikini is very sheer and I think it would be near impossible to get it opaque without a base coat. In this mani I've used just two coats of Yellow Polka Dot Bikini over three coats of Laval White (a cheapy I picked up in a local shop), and as you can see it gives an incredibly bright neon. I decided to jazz it up with a technique I'd not tried before: half moons. I painted them on in white with a medium-length striper brush, and added the black dotted border with a dotting tool and Rimmel's 60 Seconds #800, Black Out. This was the result, and I was so happy with it that I wore it for almost a week:



Apologies once again for the disruption to the challenge, normal activity will be resumed soon ^_^ In the mean time, let me know what you think of this polish or design in the comments, and thank you for reading!

Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment