Thursday, 16 August 2012

[nails] Day 6 - Violet Nails

Anyone else think the name of today's challenge is a little weird? All the other colours have been pretty basic, so why not just purple? I reckon violet and purple are pretty much the same thing so I give you, purple nails!


I have to admit that I wasn't particularly looking forward to this day - although purple is probably my favourite colour (well, deep blue-toned purples), I don't wear it often on my nails because I tend to steer away from darker colours. I was also lacking in inspiration so I turned to a simple taping design using Nailside's explosion tutorial



I used Barry M - Indigo for the base coat (two coats shown here), and then created the explosion design using Max Factor Fantasy Fire (another two coats). Here's the final look:




I guess most of you will probably have heard of Fantasy Fire since the interwebs went crazy for it recently, and it really is a gorgeous polish. The shimmer in it switches between red, pink, blue, purple, gold, and green depending on the angle you see it. Here's a couple of pictures I took to show that transition:

Weird angle looking out of my sister's window onto our street, but at least you can see the green!

This one really shows off the gold/orange/red shimmer.
 And of course, here's the now-compulsory shot of the Nail Platypus with the polishes used for this design:


I'm afraid I didn't actually keep this mani very long - I just can't deal with dark colours on my nails - but I was pretty pleased with how it turned out, and I'm always a fan of designs using Nailside's taping techniques. Hope you liked this design, and stay tuned for more challenge posts coming up shortly :)


Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment