Monday, 20 August 2012

[nails] Day 7 - Black and White Nails

I'm back! Sorry it's been a few days since my last post - although I'd done these nails on Thursday, I went shopping on Friday and then visited my grandfather on Saturday so I'm only just getting around to posting them. The theme for day 7 of the 31 Day Challenge is black and white nails, which I struggled with for a bit before opting for a relatively simple stamping design. 

I used my ring finger and thumb as accent nails, and stamped chevrons onto part of the nail before blocking the section off with striping tape. Here's the final result:

Seems like I all I ever do in these captions is apologise for the shocking lighting - damn living in North Yorkshire!


I was pleasantly surprised with how this design came out - the contrast between the base and the stamp showed up well and it was one of those designs that looked unbelievably cool from a distance. I didn't keep the design long, partly because the striping tape was peeling a bit, and partly because I got a couple of new polishes on my shopping trip the next day that I couldn't wait to try out! 


The polishes I used in this design wereeeee:

  • Laval - White
  • Rimmel London 60 Seconds - Black Out
  • Konad Special Nail Polish - Black, White (for the stamping)
  • Stamped with Bundle Monster plate BM201
  • Striping tape from Born Pretty Store

And now, to bid you a fond farewell, I present the Nail Platypus with a couple of the polishes I used:


Free hugs for all, 

Katy xo

1 comment:

  1. oooooooooh I like a lot. And I love, love, LOVE your platypus, so sweet. A nail mascot (nascot?) x

    ReplyDelete