Wednesday, 22 August 2012

[nails] Day 8 - Metallic Nails

Howdy folks! 

Today is day 8 of my 31 Day Challenge, and the task was metallic nails. My first thought was to turn to my Barry M Foil Effect polishes which I have in gold and silver, since they are brilliant at giving a clean metallic foil finish in one or two coats. But I knew I couldn't just do plain nails with one colour on each, so I fished out a couple of other metallic polishes and they came together to form a rather simple but still quite pretty (in my opinion anyway) tape mani. 

I have to apologise for the state of my cuticles/nail sides here, I've been swimming a fair bit recently so I think the chlorine is drying out my skin! I didn't realise how bad it was until I'd taken these pictures so I've been putting a bit more maintenance work in since then.



I chose to use my index and middle fingers as the accents for this design, just because I wanted the colour combinations to be in blocks. The polishes I used are as follows:
  • Barry M Instant Nail Effects - Silver Foil, Gold Foil
  • Rimmel London 60 Seconds - Camouflage
  • Max Factor - Dazzling Blue
  • Seche Vite Dryfast Top Coat
Overall I was pretty happy with this design (despite the messy fingers) because I really loved the gold/green and silver/blue colour combinations. It's not the most metallic design since the green and blue aren't foils, but they're still reasonably shimmery so I think it counts ;)

And now, to wave you a fond farewell, the Nail Platypus:


So long!

Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment