Friday, 24 August 2012

[nails] Day 9 - Rainbow Nails

Greetings one and all, today I bring you instalment number 9 of the 31 Day Challenge - rainbow nails. I am so in love with today's design, but I have to admit, I have gone against my usual nail rule which is to make things as colourful and over-the-top as possible. You would think that with a challenge like rainbow nails I would take full advantage of the opportunity for blinding colours - but guess what I chose as my main colour? Grey!


All right, so it's a contradiction of the fundamental laws of Katyism (aka Platypusism?) but I adore these nails so much. I went for a really simple look, a grey base with a single line of rainbow dots down the centre of the nail. I cut my nails a bit shorter so the dots had to be small, but they were simple to do and the design has come out understated and preeeeeetttyy. You can tell I like these ones, right?




The polishes I used for this were:

  • Rimmel London 60 Seconds - 805 Grey Matter (wonderful wonderful polish, buy it now!)
  • Barry M - Bright Red, Block Orange, Yellow, Spring Green, Cyan Blue, Cobalt Blue, Indigo
  • Seche Vite Dryfast Top Coat

I think that's pretty much all I have to say for this one - if I drivel on much longer about how pleased I am with it I think people will probably start to vomit. As usual, the Nail Platypus bids you a fond farewell...


...and so do I!


Katy xo

1 comment:

  1. I really love these!! They are so pretty and graceful

    ReplyDelete