Saturday, 1 September 2012

[nails] Day 10 - Gradient Nails

Confession time: I suck at gradients. 
Like seriously, painfully, horrifyingly suck at them. 

Doesn't matter which tutorials/methods I try, they always turn out lumpy and uneven. So I have always planned to conquer this part of the challenge by turning to a technique I love and happen to be semi-decent at: glitter gradients! 


I used this colour combination in a random collection of designs I did around Easter-time, and I've wanted to use it on all my nails ever since then, so I thought now would be the perfect time. I used Maybelline Express Finish polish in 'Blushing Bride' for the base - it's a sheer so I think I used four coats (maybe five?) here. Then I used a thin brush to apply W7's 'Cosmic Mauve' in a gradient from the base of the nail. When I did the look previously I used a dotting tool to apply the glitter, but I really don't think there was much difference between the outcomes. The W7 polish is jam-packed with glitter so there was no need to worry about excess clear polish getting in the way or taking ages to dry. I topped them with a coat of Seche Vite and here was the final result:




 I was really happy with how these nails turned out, and I love the colour combination just as much as I did the first time around. Above all, these were so much easier for me than regular gradients, so I'm just glad I managed to avoid that one ;)


As ever, here's Nail Platypus to wish you a fond farewell:




Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment