Thursday, 13 September 2012

[nails] Day 13 - Animal Print

Afternoon everyone, today I have my Day 13 nails of the 31 Day Challenge - animal print. I got the inspiration for this one when I was on holiday last month and we visited an aquarium. One of the fish that caught my eye was the Mandarinfish (or Mandarin dragonet), which is a little, brightly patterned thing that flitted around its tank making it impossible to get any good pictures of my own! Fortunately there are plenty of pictures of this little neon fella online, so here's the one I based my design on:



I used an orange base and hand-painted the stripes and outlines with a small nail art brush. Here's how they turned out:




For this design I used two coats of W7's Orange Dazzle, topped with one sheer coat of La Femme Orange Cream to dull the crazy neon effect. Then I painted on the stripes with Rimmel London 60 Seconds Green With Envy and outlined them with the same brand's Black Out, all topped with a coat of W7 Diamond Top Coat for a bit of shine. I was very happy with how these turned out, and although the colour combination is a bit unusual, I think it looks pretty good. What do you guys think?

Farewell, honorary Platypuses!
Katy xo

6 comments: