Saturday, 15 September 2012

[nails] Day 14 - Flower Nails

Hellooooo  my dearest friends, apologies for the slight gap in daily posting! Today I'm bringing you Day 14 of the 31 Day Challenge, which is flower nails. I was a bit stuck for inspiration with these until I suddenly remembered that I'd been meaning to try out a cherry blossom print since forever, so that's what I decided to do. I was pretty happy with how these turned out, although they were one of those manis that looks better from a distance. Up close the detail looks kind of messy and splodgy (what do you mean, that's not a word?), but from a bit further away they looked dead cute. You guys know what I'm talking about, right? Some designs just look better that way. 


Anyway, onto the pictures!




The polishes I used in this design were:

  • Rimmel London 60 Seconds - Princess Pink (light pink/neutral, two coats as base), Pulsating (bright pink shimmer, just used for dotting in the middle of flowers)
  • Maybelline Express Finish - Blushing Bride (one coat over top of Princess Pink base)
  • Max Factor Nailfinity - Disco Pink (main body of flowers)
  • Barry M - Brown, Bright Pink
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

As I said, I was happy with how these came out, although my mum and sister didn't seem to like them so much. What do you lot think?

It's goodbye from the Nail Platypus, but hopefully not for long!
Katy xo

3 comments: