Hellooooo my dearest friends, apologies for the slight gap in daily posting! Today I'm bringing you Day 14 of the 31 Day Challenge, which is flower nails. I was a bit stuck for inspiration with these until I suddenly remembered that I'd been meaning to try out a cherry blossom print since forever, so that's what I decided to do. I was pretty happy with how these turned out, although they were one of those manis that looks better from a distance. Up close the detail looks kind of messy and splodgy (what do you mean, that's not a word?), but from a bit further away they looked dead cute. You guys know what I'm talking about, right? Some designs just look better that way.
Anyway, onto the pictures!
The polishes I used in this design were:
- Rimmel London 60 Seconds - Princess Pink (light pink/neutral, two coats as base), Pulsating (bright pink shimmer, just used for dotting in the middle of flowers)
- Maybelline Express Finish - Blushing Bride (one coat over top of Princess Pink base)
- Max Factor Nailfinity - Disco Pink (main body of flowers)
- Barry M - Brown, Bright Pink
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
As I said, I was happy with how these came out, although my mum and sister didn't seem to like them so much. What do you lot think?
|It's goodbye from the Nail Platypus, but hopefully not for long!|