Tuesday, 4 September 2012

[nails] Polish Days - Geometric

Hey everyone, I have a bit of a break from the challenge today as I am taking part in my first Polish Days! This is where a group of bloggers organised by the wonderful Polly Polish all post their interpretations of a theme at the same time, and today's theme is geometric. 


I'll admit I had to rush these nails a bit since my friend is coming to stay, so there was lots of cleaning and tidying to do! I chose to use my GOSH Holographic as the base since I hadn't worn it in far too long, and then painted on various geometric designs with black polish and a small striper brush. Here was the result:


Woo, I actually got natural sunlight to show off the holo!
I was pretty pleased with how these came out (my brush work is usually awful), so huzzah! A reasonably successful first Polish Days for me, I think. If you'd like to know more about Polish Days or get involved, click *here*


Now for the really interesting part, here's a list of all the other bloggers participating today:





And finally, a goodbye from the Nail Platypus:




Katy xo



12 comments:

  1. the original GOSH holo? You lucky duck! Thanks for getting involved love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I got it on eBay last year! I had to pay a fair bit above retail price but it's worth it =D

      Delete
  2. Someday I hope to own a Gosh holo. *sigh* This looks beautiful, and you did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Especially because its over holographic ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm definitely a fan of the holo too ^_^

      Delete
  4. Hey Katy, I love your blog! The name is just AWESOME!!!! I love how you include the stuffed platypus dolls in your pictures :) I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please see http://memyselfpolish.blogspot.nl/2012/09/liebster-award.html for more info. x Lariesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is such a lovely comment :) I've got a massive backlog of posts to go up at the moment but my Liebster one should be up soon so watch out :D

      Delete
  5. Hi! I've nominated you for a Liebster award! The post you need to look for is going to hit on my blog at 11 am, Pacific Daylight Time on the 8th of September :)

    www.picturesnpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so excited to be nominated (especially by two people in the same day), so look out for my Liebster post soon :)

      Delete
  6. PARABENS PELO BLOG! ADOREI SUAS NAIL ART! JÁ ESTOU TE SEGUINDO... SE PUDER RETRIBUIR, FICAREI MUITO GRATA!

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete