Thursday, 11 October 2012

[nails] Day 17 - Glitter

Howdy folks, today I'm bringing you Day 17 of the 31 Day Challenge - and I managed to do it without a two-week break in between like last time, huzzah! Glitter is a pretty wide challenge with lots of freedom to do what you want, and since I have a pretty big glitter collection it took me a while to decide what to do. Against all my natural instincts, I actually settled on the idea of a subtle glitter look using a flakie glitter, and here's what I got:



I didn't have the best light to photograph these, but I was so happy with how they turned out! I think flakie glitters look great over light colours since they catch the light so well, and layered over white here they looked like snow ^_^


For this look I used three coats of No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Snowflake, topped with two coats of Nubar 2010. I kept it on for a fair while since I liked it so much :)



What do you guys think?



Much love from both myself and the Nail Platypus as always, 


Katy xo

4 comments:

  1. loooooooooooooooooooooooooove - its like a beautiful snowfall:) I love the nubar, saw a similar shade in Models Own collection today, gutted I didn't pick it up now:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's a fair few flakie glitters out there these days, plenty to choose from :)

      Delete