Monday, 15 October 2012

[nails] Day 18 - Half Moons

Afternoon everybody! Today is Day 18 of the 31 Day Challenge - half moons. I don't know if you will remember, but back in July I posted these nails, which are pretty much one of my all-time favourite designs I've done. I had to fight the urge to just recreate these, but I still ended up doing a pretty similar design! I got a few new polishes recently from a shop in town that sells cheapy ones, so I decided to use a couple of those and then do the same style half moons over the top. Here's what I got:



First off, I'd like to apologise for the poorer quality and squareness of the pictures - now I'm back at university I no longer have access to my sister's high-quality, widescreen camera, so I'm back with my 6-year-old crappy one which is near impossible to focus! Hopefully I'll get a new one of my own soonish so you won't have to put up with pictures like this for too long. 


Anyway, the polishes I used here are:


  • W7 - Mojito. A yellow-toned green microglitter, almost foil-looking. So pretty. I used four coats here because it takes a while to build up colour intensity, but application is a dream.
  • Technic - Mermaid. A bright blue holographic glitter mix. SHINY. 
  • Laval - White
  • Rimmel London 60 Seconds - Black Out
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

I really liked how these came out - I think I'll probably always end up doing half moons this way with the dotted border (although that's partly because my hands aren't steady enough to get a neat line so it's easier to cover it up!) What do you guys think?

Farewell, as always, from the Nail Platypus <3
 Katy xo

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh! I love your blog, Gorgeous nail designs tooo and your from the UK! brilliant!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love that you did a dotted border. I think that if I attempted this I'd need to do a dotted border because I've got such unsteady hands! Haha, this looks amazing though, I love the glitter! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is co cute - love the dotted border idea, it just makes half moons so much sweeter:)

    ReplyDelete