Saturday, 20 October 2012

[nails] Day 20 - Water Marble

Okay, so I'm hoping that any of you who have also done the 31 Day Challenge had a similar reaction to the water marble day as I did: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. I had one very half-hearted and entirely unsuccessful attempt at water-marbling about a year ago and have avoided it ever since. When it came to doing it this time around I was a bit more careful - I don't have a water filter but I did boil it first in the hope it would be a bit easier for the polish to spread out, and I tried a few different polish combinations before I settled on China Glaze Riding the Waves and Max Factor Nailfinity Disco Pink. 


I did a test nail on my right hand first (my non-photo hand) and actually managed to get a semi-decent design, so I went ahead and did my whole left hand:




As you can see, I managed to get some kind of marble design which I was quite pleased with, but because I used a light colour (China Glaze - Sweet Hook) as the base, the bits where I didn't quite pick up enough polish look like tip wear >_> I struggled with clean-up too, hence the messy edges. 


So there you have it - not a complete failure but not a success either! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be though, and I don't think it's too bad for a first real attempt - I might even give it a go again in the future. Have you guys ever tried water marbling before?


Farewell from the Nail Platypus <3
Katy xo

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks lovely, Much better then what I can manage with water marbling!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete