Monday, 17 December 2012

[nails] Festive Mani #2 - PUDDINS!

Helloooo folks! Apologies for the delay in posting, I had an open exam last week for one of my uni modules which took up a lot of time, but now I'm back at home for Christmas so hopefully posts will be a bit more regular from now on - in fact I have three manis already waiting for me to show you. 


Today is the second of my festive, Christmassy designs, and I decided to go for Christmas puddings. I have been crocheting little Christmas pudding tree decorations for the past couple of week - partly to sell for charity as part of my university's Knitting Society's stall at the Christmas fair, and also for friends as little gifts. So I figured I may as well take the whole thing one step further and get them on my nails as well! 




I used a base of Barry M - Gold Foil, then layered Laval's Gold over the top for a slightly sparklier finish. The puddings were done using Barry M Chocolate Brown, Red, and Spring Green, and the white is China Glaze Oxygen. I freehanded the design using both the polish brushes and a small striper. 


I wore these the other week when I went ice skating with a few friends - one of the funniest nights in a while! I'd been once when I was about 9, and had been roller-blading when I was younger too, but it took us all a long while to get confident enough to let go of the barriers! Eventually we all got the hang of it (more or less), although I was the only one who fell over - although it definitely wouldn't have happened if the guy in front of me hadn't fallen over and gotten in my way ;) The bruises on my knee have only just disappeared! 



The Nail Platypus is getting into the Christmas spirit too, by helping me write my cards ^_^


Wishing you all festive funtimes, 



Katy xo




(P.S. I should probably explain that the 'PUDDINS!' in the title is the result of my housemate and I being obsessed with Great British Menu earlier this year - a British tv cooking competition - and one evening where we had had rather too much sugar and got over-excited about some very fancy and delicious-looking desserts =P)

No comments:

Post a Comment