Tuesday, 18 December 2012

[nails] Festive Mani #3 - Splat.

Good tidings I bring, to you and your king, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Guess who's in the festive spirit again? Although to be honest you lot should be glad you're only getting my festive spirit through blog posts, in real life my hyperactivity tends to get more than a little tiring (or so I'm told!). Today I've got another of my festive manis for you, and this one is a new technique for me, the splatter mani!



I'm sure you've all seen tutorials for this so I shan't bother with my own, but the basic idea is that you dip a straw into your polish and blow through it to splatter the polish onto your nail. I can tell you right now that this is the funnest type of nail design I have ever done (and probably will ever do, nothing beats this). Obviously it gets messy and needs a fair bit of clean-up but IMO it's worth it for both the hilarity of the process and the final effect. 




My base was two coats of the white jelly, China Glaze Oxygen. Then I splattered on Barry M Spring Green, Red, and Gold, before finishing with a top coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for some added sparkle. I probably should have taken some pictures before I added the glitter so you could see the full effect of the splatter, but I still liked it with the glitter, and this is definitely a technique I will be using again!


Hope you guys liked them, and endless hugs from me and the Nail Platypus (he's been helping me wrap presents today),


Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment