Tuesday, 25 December 2012

[nails] Festive Mani #6 - MERRY CHRISTMAS!

IT'S CHRRRIIIIIIIIIISSSTTTTMAAAAAAASSSSSSS! 


Merry Christmas to one and all - I guess not many of you will be checking your blog feeds today but I shall send you my best wishes nonetheless. Today is my final festive mani of 2012 (sadface) and unfortunately it's quite badly photographed (double sadface), but on the bright side I was very pleased with how it came out and will probably be doing variations of it in the future. 



I wanted to do a holly leaf manicure after I surprised myself by doing the leaves on my Christmas puddings nails so neatly. I decided to do a full-nail print design instead of just one or two big leaves on each nail, and this was the result: 





I used China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint as the base, and then Barry M Spring Green, Red, and Red Glitter for the holly leaves, which were painted with a very small nail art brush. As I said, the pictures are rubbishy because I had to take them in the evening (well, not really, but since it gets dark at about 3pm there's pretty much no afternoon any more), but I think you can still get an idea of the mani and the colours are pretty accurate. I really love wearing this design and I'm definitely going to do more full-nail small prints like this in the future, even if they do take a while to paint!



So that's all from me on the festive side of things - back to normal nails (and maybe even the rest of the Challenge) after this. I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday and I send you all Christmas hugs <3



I shall leave you with Festive Nail Platypus and his sparkly shiny tinsel:




Katy xo

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and the platypus, hope you both had a great day! The holly looks brill, really neat:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you had a lovely Christmas too <3

      Delete
  2. Hey me dear, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award:) Check it out at
    http://naily-perfect.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete