Tuesday, 4 December 2012

[nails] Polish Days - Bling

Greetings, lovely people! Today, as probably quite a few of you know, is another Polish Days event, organised by the wonderful Hannah of Polly Polish. This month's theme is a festive one, and that is 'Bling'! This is inspired by holiday-season parties and all things sparkly, so naturally it's pretty much perfect for me! 


The design I have done is one I had in mind as soon as I heard the theme, and it was probably the most time-consuming mani I have ever done. I love it though! I'm sure most of you are aware of the recent craze for glequins - glitter sequins - so I thought it was time to give mine an airing. I went for a simple honeycomb look because the hexagons tessellate nicely. Warning: if you have some sunglasses to hand, you might want to put them on now... SPARKLES AHEAD. 




I used a base coat of Rimmel London 60 Seconds - Black Out for all of my nails, and then on my left hand I applied silver glequins using a toothpick and some cheap clear polish. On my right hand I used gold glequins (apologies for the quality of these pictures, I can't hold my non-dominant hand steady enough to get a good picture with my crappy little camera >_>):



The glequins I used are from Born Pretty Store - they come in little pots with absolutely loads inside, no need to worry about using them up quickly. Even with this mani which used hundreds of the things, I barely made a dent in my current stock! 

I think I managed to fulfil the 'bling' theme pretty well, and it was worth spending all the time on these just to see people's reactions, which were very positive and quite disbelieving =P

What do you guys think of these? Are you involved in Polish Days too? Anyone can take part and I highly recommend it, just click here to sign up. 

Here's all the other wonderful designs that are part of this month's event:








Lots of love and hugs, 



Katy xo

37 comments:

  1. oh my god did your hand fall off from cramp after putting all of those on? awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I actually did them over three days because I didn't have enough time to sit down and do them all at once... my neck did ache a bit while I was doing my thumbs though since I had to lean over my nails for such a long time!

      Delete
  2. OMG, i went with the same design for my accent ring nail, and it's only the left hand one *_* i can't imagine how much patience one should have to do the entire mani. AS-TO-NISH-ING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did struggle but I knew it would be worth it for the final effect :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's an awful lot of work! But the result is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd like to think it was worth all the time I put in :)

      Delete
  4. I love the way these look! Honestly, how long does it take yoou to do one nail in full glitter, let alone all ten?! (And how much longer does it take to cover your dominant hand nails?) The patchwork mani I posted last week took more than 2 hours, and a full watermarble takes about 3 if you include prep & cleanup. Seriously, how long? And does it get easier to align the dratted things the more of them you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well obviously my thumbs took a lot longer than my little fingers since there's a lot more area to cover, but I did them all over three days so I'm not entirely sure how much time went in altogether... maybe 6-7 hours? Perhaps more :P Definitely the most time-consuming mani I've ever done! I don't think there was much difference between the different hands since you could move the glitters about a bit once you'd put them on, it didn't matter that my left hand isn't steady when applying them. And I didn't really have any problems with aligning them, but I'm lucky to have good eyesight so I guess I have a natural advantage there :)

      Delete
  5. Holy cannoli! This is a ma zing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to make a purchase from bornpretty. Those glequins really make a statement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend them! Born Pretty is amazing <3

      Delete
  7. Reminds me of great party dress...lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that was the look I was trying to achieve ^_^

      Delete
  8. Wow! I bow down to your patience! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours was the first thumbnail my eyes zoomed in on when the links were revealed! Absolutely stunning! Bling, glam, grooving, all at once! And that's a lot of hard work with placement. I've tried and not even on one complete nail. What's more enviable - you did the same on your dominant hand!! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's really flattering ^_^

      Delete
  10. Yowzah! That is one fabu mani! Great job. Such patience.

    Turned out super.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you did each and different! Gorgeous and yes, very time consuming :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzah! Absolutely stunning hun, all that time defo paid off as your nails look FABULOUS!! :D

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude! I bow to your dedication to the bling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this comment made me laugh! Thank you :D

      Delete
  14. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" It's 160 Countries and 7200 Websites !
    Missing yours join us
    If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found your blog from Wacky Laki's blog & all I have to say is this is amazing! The patience required to do this is something else! I love silver & black & all things glitter & this is definitely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, that's really sweet :)

      Delete