Sunday, 2 December 2012

[nails] Simple Festive Stamping

Hi everyone! I apologise for the crazy delay between posts, I've been busy lately with both university work (I'm in my final year now so things are kinda intense!) and also with my other main obsession - knitting/crochet. I've decided to put the 31 Day Challenge on hold for the festive season, since I love Christmas too much not to do as many themed nail sets as possible! So here's a simple design using Konad plate M79:



I used Barry M - Raspberry as the base. This is a new purchase of mine and although I didn't use to be such a fan of red polishes, I adore this one. It's a perfect, deep, festive colour. The stamping was using Gold Foil, also by Barry M. I didn't use top coat here. Even though this was a quick and simple look, I was happy with how neatly I managed to pull it off, and it looked pretty cool from a distance as some stamps do :)


And now for something completely different... I forgot to take a picture of Mr Platypus with the polishes themselves so here's one I snapped just now on my phone of him inside a mini wheelie bin I bought at the pound shop recently. Cute, isn't it? 




Hope you liked this design, and see you soon for more festive designs and probably cake and knitting and things ^_^



Hugs, 

Katy xo

4 comments:

  1. lol - incredibly cute:) Nails look great, so neat - I haven't got into stamping yet (hoping Santa might pop a Konad kit under the tree though) but I can't wait if this is the sort of thing you can do - it appeals to my love of neatness and order:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Stamping can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but it's worth it when you get it nice and neat :D

      Delete
  2. I love it! Is it me or does red just make everything look expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, although only if it's the right red :P

      Delete