Tuesday, 8 January 2013

[nails] Polish Days - Something New

Howdy partners, today is another one of the best kind of days - Polish Days! As ever, this has been organised by the lovely Hannah of Polly Polish and is the time when nail bloggers get together to post designs on the same theme, all at the same time. Since we've just started a New Year, the theme for this month is 'Something New'. This is pretty flexible - you could swatch a previously untried polish, or experiment with a new technique. I decided to go for the latter option, inspired by these excellent drippy nails from Naily Perfect.


I've seen drippy nails around all over the place over the past year but for some reason have never gotten round to doing them myself. So I thought they would work perfectly as my 'something new' for 2013. Here we go:



(It is at this point that I must apologise for the following failure of photography. By the time I got round to finishing these it was around 4 in the afternoon which means that in Britain - land of no sun and of crappy EU-regulated energy-saving lightbulbs - it's bloody dark. Camera just couldn't cope so unfortunately I have terrible lighting and focus. Please forgive me :'[ )



  
As you can see, I went for a somewhat... bright colour scheme. Brightens up the dull winter days, right? I used Barry M - Indigo as the base, followed by drips in China Glaze - Four Leaf Clover. And for a bit of extra colour I added Lush Lacquer - Lite Brite to the drips. 


This was a pretty quick look to do, although I think next time I might try starting the drips with a dotting tool instead of a nail art brush, it might make them a bit neater. But hey, I'm no longer a drippy-nail-art virgin ;)



If you want to check out what the other wonderful Polish Days participants have been doing, have a look down here:




That's all from me, 

Love and hugs, 


Katy xo



13 comments:

  1. This looks like an awesome underwater seaweed scene - this is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for organising another amazing event :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like little rhinestones sprinkled on paint dripping down your fingertips. Kind of like elementary school art class, in the very best way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you added the bright glitter on top! Lovely manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought the glitter would be a nice finishing touch too :)

      Delete
  4. I was trying and failing to figure out what it reminded me of until reading the comment by Alexis up there - my kids' art work, of course! Some of the best pieces a mom keeps for years are the ones that were made accidentally, and these nails look like a wonderful happy accident happened! Yay for glitter drips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - especially the colour combination, it's really quite ethereal. Wish I'd thought to add some glitter:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh the ring finger looks like a little monster....you can see his arms up in the air and his head with two eyes and a mouth wide open LOL. So funny!!

    ReplyDelete