Tuesday, 15 January 2013

[nails] Splatter - Yellow, Orange, and Blue

Hey everyone, hope you all had a good week! Last Wednesday I went for sushi for the first time ever - I wasn't a huge fan of the raw fish but I had a yummy chocolate ganache cake for dessert ;) 


Today I've got my second splatter mani - when I did this technique for one of my festive designs I knew I'd be doing it plenty in the future, it's just so fun! I know a lot of people can't stand the clean-up that comes with this type of mani, but I don't tape off my fingers at all and I find that as long as you do the clean-up relatively soon so the polish hasn't fully dried onto your skin or cuticles, it's not too bad. 



I chose to use a white base again, and splatted with yellow, orange, and blue (one of my favourite colour combinations). Here was the result:





I used Barry M - Matt White as the base, and Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream and Cyan Blue and La Femme - Orange Cream. Hope you guys like it :)



Katy xo

3 comments:

  1. Awesome - so cute:) I wish I'd cleaned up before the polish dried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely made things easier! Thank you <3

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for a Leibster award! Here's the post and rules:

    http://agirlandherchickennamedbetty.blogspot.com/2013/02/i-got-nominated-for-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete