Friday, 28 June 2013

Announcement + Bloglovin!

Hey everyone! 

First off, if you're reading this, thank you for still being around after almost two months without any posts. I have just finished my university degree and I thought that the few weeks after all the exams and essays were over would be quite and I'd have plenty of time to devote to blogging - I couldn't have been more wrong! It's been a stream of organising, applying for jobs, visiting people, hosting people, and stressing over results. However, now that term is actually over, things seem to be slowing down a bit, so I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce you to the new stage of this blog: loonyplatypus. 

It's a little under a year since I started Platypus Nails and it's been awesome - although I'm not exactly up there with multiple thousands of followers, I've met some lovely ladies and learnt a lot in the process. Nail polish and nail art are still important interests to me but I think it's time I expand this site to include a couple of my other interests - namely knitting/crochet and baking. 

If you've visited this blog in the past couple of weeks you'll see it's had a bit of a redesign. What are those mysterious headers with no tagged posts, you ask? Well, bear with me. I'm going to start posting about my needlework projects under the tag platypus stitches and about baking and other foody adventures under the platypus food tag. Platypus nails will remain as usual under its own tag. 

The other thing you might have noticed is my url change - I am now found at loonyplatypus.blogspot.co.uk. This makes it much easier for me to link in to my other social media channels so everything will be a bit easier to find! 

That brings me to the second part of the post: I'm sure most of you know that Google Reader is expiring in a few short days so if you use that to follow my blog you'll need to find another way. I signed up for Bloglovin recently and I find it really easy to use so I recommend it if you aren't already signed up. 


Well, that's pretty much all from me, I think! I hope you enjoy the changes to the blog and that all you followers continue to be as lovely and inspiring as you always have been. I'm looking forward to this new stage and the challenges it will bring.

See you soon,
Katy xo

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay - you're back! Love the new site, hope all is going well with the job applications:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Things are going really well and I'm excited to be back - I have so much content lined up and I can't wait to start sharing!

      Delete