Friday, 12 July 2013

[nails] Blue Waves

Hey folks! I'm sorry for the delay in posting, the past couple of weeks have been completely frantic - job interviews, theatre trips, sickly grandparents, and university graduations. Forgive me for getting a bit behind <3 

Today I have a nail design that I did a few weeks ago but really really loved wearing. I'm afraid I can't really think of a more imaginative name than Blue Waves. I don't wear a huge amount of blue but my sister recently bought some new polishes so I seized the chance to use them while I was staying at home for a while. 

I also felt like doing a tape mani since it had been a few months since I got the striping tapes out! Here's how it turned out: 





The polishes used here are (top down on each finger except ring) China Glaze Sky High Top, China Glaze Ride The Waves, and W7 Blue-Tini, and I topped the whole thing with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. The first and last blue polishes both belong to my sister but I couldn't resist sneaking them for myself for the day - especially Blue-Tini. W7 just do the best glass fleck polishes! Here's a close-up in the sun so you can see how much it sparkles:


As I said, I really loved wearing this design. It looked quite elegant (for me) and like it had taken more effort than it really had ;)

Hope you are all enjoying some sunshine,
(and don't forget to check out my Facebook page here)
Lots of love,

Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment