Tuesday, 2 July 2013

[nails] Born Pretty Holographic Nail Polish - #8

Hey folks! First off, a little announcement: 
I thought it was about time I got around to doing it, so if you'd like to follow me on there you can either click the link above or the handy icon in the sidebar to the left. 

Anyway, onto the main post. Today I have something which might require you to find some sunglasses... Born Pretty have just released a line of holographic nail polishes and I was lucky enough to get one for free in their giveaway. I chose shade 8 which is a lovely medium blue, and I absolutely love it! 




Shown here is two coats of #8 over Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails basecoat, and topped with a layer of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. Yes, you read that right, this is with topcoat. So many holos have their effect completely dulled if you use topcoat with them, which is a massive con for me since it makes chipping inevitable, but this one retains its sparkle even after a generous dollop of topcoat. 

The above pictures were taken in direct sunlight and you can see how bright the holo effect is - so beautiful! The particles are tiny so they give a very smooth holographic effect, and application was lovely. Two coats was fine for me since my nails are pretty short, but if you have longer talons then you might need three coats to mask any nail line. Drying time is speedy though so I wouldn't consider that a problem. 

Here are a couple of pictures in indirect sunlight so you can see how it looks without such a strong holo effect:
 


Happily, the polish is still clearly holo even when not in direct sunlight, so I was very pleased with that. Some holographics can look incredibly dull when in poorer light but this one can be enjoyed in any environment. 


The polish is sold in 6ml bottles and is currently selling for $5.59 per bottle. There are twelve shades available and they are all crackers, so I highly recommend scooping up a couple if you're in the mood for some holographic goodness! You can buy them HERE. Here's a final bottle shot to show you just how strong the holo is in this one:


These are great polishes - Born Pretty have really outdone themselves this time. 


Hugs,
Katy xo

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right! I'm so tempted to grab a couple more shades...

      Delete
    2. I wanted to get some too but I was scared that it will get destroyed in the customs :/

      Delete
    3. You're in the UK, right? I've never had problems with nail polish coming through customs from Born Pretty or other locations - I think the restrictions we have are only only polish being shipped out of the country, not in :)

      Delete