Sunday, 18 August 2013

Sunday Smile List #2

Howdy folks, how has everyone's weekend been? I'm being slowly driven insane waiting for the yarn I ordered on Monday to arrive so I can continue with my blanket, but apart from that my week has been pretty good. I'm back with another Sunday Smile List for your viewing/reading pleasure :)


First up I have to share this track with you all - if you've seen Iron Man 3 you'll recognise this from the end credits but my goodness I just cannot stop listening to it! I want to have my own suit of armour and go fight crime whilst dancing around to this. 


Next up is this awesome dude who also paints his nails. I saw his story on Tumblr and thought it was too adorable not to share:

'So, I paint my nails pretty regularly these days. I also work as a barista/cashier pretty regularly these days. A few weeks back, I had a customer come in, a fairly typical, sheltered, suburban soccer mom, and she ordered a latte from me. She saw my brightly colored nails and said, “Wow, you’re so brave! My son asked me about painting his nails, and if it’s okay for boys to do that. Now I’ll tell him there’s a cool guy who does it too!” It was a nice moment, very cute.

Then, last week, she came in again, and said, “Hey, I’m so glad you’re here! I want you to meet someone!” She then brings her son forward, and says, “Okay sweetie, show him what you did!” And he throws his hands up, showing off his bright, sparkling blue nails. He shows them off, and I show mine off to him. He smiles. We fist bump.

Guys, I’ve only wanted to cry once at work before, and that was when someone ordered a large dry soy cappuccino on ice.

This time, though. This was a good cry.'

It's so great to hear of kids being able express themselves with things like nail polish/art regardless of their gender. You can check out the specific post here or see the rest of Angelo's blog here


These gorgeous mini crochet satchels/pouches are just perfect, no? I love the details in the embroidery and the beads on the drawstrings. They are sold by Bunadruhu on this Slovakian website.  


Finally, chocolatey goodness anyone? If you've never seen the blog Chocolate Covered Katie, you are soooooo missing out! This is her recipe for 'Fudge Babies', which aren't actually fudge at all but are a healthy combination of dates, walnuts, and cocoa. I made some yesterday and will have a post up soon, but they are so yummy!

Hugs,
Katy xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment